Collection: DIY Dessert Paint Your Own Squishies Kit
DIY DESSERT SQUISHIES KIT
Paint and decorate your own set of sweet treats with our Paint-Your-Own Squishies Kit. Our super slow rise squishy kit comes with everything you need to paint and decorate your squishies.
THE DIY DESSERT SQUISHIES KIT COMES WITH:
- Whipped White Paint (1oz tube)
- Berry Red Paint (1oz tube)
- Cocoa Mocha Paint (1oz tube)
- Hello Yellow Paint (1oz tube)
- 1 Flat Brush
- 1 Round Tip Brush
- 1 Ice Cream Squishy
- 1 Milkshake Squishy
- 1 Cake Squishy
- 1 Tattoo Sticker Eyes Sheet
- Instruction Booklet
LET’S GET STARTED!
Cover your work surface or use one of our art trays for easy clean up. Plan what you would like your squishy to look like with the colors provided or mix colors with our Color Guide.
- Use a paint palette or tray to mix your paint.
- The round tip brush is perfect for creating clean lines and details.
- If adding sprinkles, place them on your squishy when the paint is wet.
- Test out your custom colors on a piece of paper before painting your squishy.
- If mixing light colors, start with white paint and slowly add your color. This makes it easier to darken your color if needed.
- When painting your squishy, try to make an even paint layer. If you can see your brush strokes, the paint is too thick. Too-thick paint may crack or peel when dry. if you can see the plan squishy, you're painting too thin. When thin coats are applied, the squishy might appear patchy when dry.
Use this guide for mixing colors. Start with the lighter color as the base, then slowly add the darker color until desired color is achieved.
Tattoo Sticker Eyes
- Cut out tattoo, remove clear film.
- Place tattoo face down to squishies
- Wet tattoo by damp cloth for 20 seconds.
- Remove paper and let dry for 60 seconds.
Tips & Techniques
STEP 1: Begin by using red paint straight out of the bottle to paint your strawberries.
STEP 2: Use the Color Guide to mix light pink. Use this color to paint the scoops of icing on top of the cake as well as the icing layers.
STEP 3: To accent the strawberry seeds, dip the corner of your flat brush in the white paint and dab on white dots if you prefer black seeds, a permanent marker will work well!
Ice Cream Squishy:
STEP 1: To create strawberry ice cream, use the color guide to create both light pink and medium pink. have white paint near your work space to use for blending.
STEP 2: Once your paints are mixed, dab the medium pink randomly on the ice cream scoop and then dab the light pink randomly. While the pink paints are still wet, dab white all over the ice cream scoop and blend with your brush. The more you dab, the more your colors will blend. The less you dab, the more individual pinks and white will show.
STEP 3: To paint the cone, mix half yellow and half brown paint together. This will create a warm brown.
STEP 1: For the whipped cream, use the flat brush to paint larger surface and the round tip brush to paint the edges. If adding sprinkles, add them while paint is still wet.
STEP 2: To mix the purple for the milkshake: mix a tiny amount of brown paint into a blob of white paint. It does not take much brown to get the purple tone!
STEP 3: To add polka dots. take a corner of the flat brush and dip in your desired color. Using the corner, dot the paint on the cup.Try making dots on a piece of paper before dotting your squishy to test the effect.
Drying & Cleaning Tips
- Work with one color at a time and paint half of the squishy, the dry half can be placed on a flat surface, when dry, flip your squishy over and paint the other side.
- If the paint on the squishy feels tacky or cold to the touch the paint is still drying.
- Rinse your brush under running lukewarm water and using your fingers, gently squeeze the brush to further dislodge any leftover paint.
- Gently wash the bristles with soap.
- Rinse off the soap and place brush bristle side up or lay brush on a flat surface until dry.
Cleaning Your Squishy:
- If a squishy becomes dirty use a damp dishcloth and gently dab the area you wish to clean. Do not use soap of any kind to clean your squishy. Soaking or rinsing your squishy under water to clean is not recommended due to the makeup of the product.
Safety & Precautions
Wash Your Hands - After decorating your squishy with paint, wash your hands. When paint is left on your hands, it dries and can cause discomfort to your skin. Remember, the paint is used for painting your squishies only and should not be used for body art. If any materials including finished squishes should not be placed in the mouth. Always wash hands before and after playing with your squishies. if you notice any skin irritation, discontinue use immediately. If you have sensitive skin, wear gloves while painting or playing with your squishy.
Dot not allow children or teens to sleep with their squishy creations. Avoid ingesting squishies, paint, and pom poms.
Reactions & Allergies - If you have extensive allergies, highly sensitive skin, asthma, or a severe heart condition, you need to be extremely cautions while using the squishy kit.
Staining - Squishy paint is a special formula that may stain clothing, carpet and other surfaces. If paint is still wet, you may be able to remove paint stains by dabbing the surface gently with a damp cloth. If paint has dried to a hard surface like wood, try gently scraping it off using a credit card or plastic knife. Do not try to rub or peel paint off fabric, you could damage it.
Keep Away from Children/ Choking Hazard: Painting and decorating squishies is not suitable for children under 8 years of age. Your squishes and other kit materials should not be ingested.
Storing Paint and Squishies When Not in Use: The paint included in the kit is not meant to be stored and used for long periods of time. We suggest when you have completed your squishy, toss out any remaining paint.