Collection: Luv U BFF! - Friendship Bracelet Valentine DIY & Printable
Spread the love with this super cute Valentine's Day project and free printable 💖
Handmade Valentines are the best, and these adorable printables and friendship bracelets can be customized in tons of ways. We're going to show you how to do a simple braided style bracelet (helpful if you're giving out a lot of Valentines!), or you can find how-to instructions for more complicated styles in our BFF Bracelet Kit (digital version & videos available here).
We LOVE friendship bracelets, they're so fun and colorful and really can go a long way in brightening someone's day. We designed two different printables, one for school classmates and one for besties. This craft is great for younger kids up through tweens and teens, depending on the complexity of the bracelet design. From there, assembly is easy!
These free Valentine’s Day printables print four to five cards on an 8.5″ x 11″ piece of paper. You can print the PDF file at home on card stock or at a local print shop. See below for further instructions.
Get Crafty With Doodle Hog: Valentine's Day Friendship Bracelets
For this craft, you will need the following materials:
- Doodle Hog Friendship Bracelet Kit (or embroidery floss you have on hand)
- Tape (if you aren't using the clipboard from our kit)
- Free Valentine's Day Friendship Bracelet Printable
- White cardstock
- Single hole punch (sharp pencil will work too)
Step 1 Gather Materials
Step 2 Make Your Bracelets
As a reminder, we're showing a very simple braided technique here if you need to create a bunch for a classroom, but you can find tons of other cool designs in our kit or our full friendship bracelet guide.
First, The Loop
- Choose 3 colors of floss, cut one 30" piece of each. Line up together and fold in half. Tie the strands of your bracelet together using an overhand knot with a 1/2" loop at the top. Secure the the knotted end of your bracelet to the book (or tape to a table).
- Put one same colored pair to the left, one to the center, and one to the right.
- Pull the left-side pair over the center pair so that it becomes the center pair. Try to keep the pairs of floss flat, making sure they don’t get twisted as you go, to make sure your bracelet is flat at the end.
- Pull the right-side pair over the center pair so that it becomes the center pair.
- Keep braiding until you you reach the desired length. Usually about 6-7" is good length, but make sure you take a quick measurement of your own wrist. Tie an overhand knot at the end and trim ends.
- Make as many as you need for your Valentine's Day gifts!
Step 3 Prep Your Cards
Print as many sheets of cards as you need. Grab your scissors and cut around the edges of the card design. Use a hole punch to punch out the grey marked holes on each card. If you don't have a hole punch, you can use a sharp pencil to poke through the card stock to widen the hole. Make sure you sign your name to each card!
Step 4 Thread Your Bracelets
Thread your finished bracelet(s) through the holes in the cards.
Step 5 Spread The Love!
Share your crafty creations with your BFFs and classmates on Valentine's Day!
At Doodle Hog, we are all about handcrafting joy through art, and we believe art and craft gifts are excellent for Valentine's Day and all year long. The projects engage kids, teens, and adults and give them a beautiful piece of art that brings a sense of pride and accomplishment. Drop us a line or tag us on social media and show us your amazing creations!