Collection: Let's Be BFFs! Discover Techniques and Tips to Design the Best Bracelets with Friendship Bracelet Craft Kits
For decades, BFFs have enjoyed crafting gifts for each other. Our all-in-one friendship bracelet craft kits make it easier than ever to show off your special bond with your friends.
You make a friendship bracelet by braiding and/or knotting embroidery strings to create a pattern. But the biggest challenge is designing it! The right kits provide so many colors, charms, and pattern techniques to personalize your bracelets.
When picking the colors, you can choose complementary colors, sports team colors, monochromatic, or just your faves. Some designers choose their string colors using color symbolism.
Here are some friendship bracelet color meanings:
- Red: good luck, adventure
- Orange: happiness, excitement
- Yellow: friendship, creativity
- Green: hope, compassion
- Blue: calm vibes, loyalty
- Purple: friendship, sophistication
- Pink: affection, love
- Black: power, confidence
- Brown: comfort, reliability
- White: truth, clarity
Adding a special charm is a cool way to personalize your design. With some knotting techniques, you can incorporate beads into the design. The beads can spell out names, BFF messages, and even inside jokes.
Our Friendship Bracelet Design Kit is a great resource with 100 alphabet beads, 20 colorful string bundles, 24 charms, 12 gifting note cards, and a book of design techniques. The book’s design techniques have clear instructions and colorful illustrations to maximize your ultimate bracelet making.
There are tons of techniques to create friendship bracelets. Some are fairly easy to learn while others take a bit more time to master.
Here is one of our favorite techniques, we call Peace Out Chevron!
- Doodle Hog Design Your Own BFF Bracelet Kit
- String/embroidery thread
- Peace Out Chevron Technique
Here’s how to do it:
- Choose 3 colors of string and cut each at a length of 50 inches.
- Fold the string in half at center then make a knot to create a loop at the top.
- Use the clip to secure the string bundle to a study surface. Try to clip right below the knot to hold all the threads in place.
- Arrange your six threads like color 1 color 2 color 3 color 3 color 2 color 1.
- Starting with string color 1 on the left side, gently make a knot by moving it over string color 2 then pull it through the circle you’ve made to form a knot.
- Repeat to make a second knot.
- Use string color 1 and do the same process with string color 3. Make sure to do it twice for 2 knots.
- Now do steps 5 -7 with the strings on the right hand side, using the same color sequence.
- Do steps 5 -7 with the two center strings. These should be the same color strings.
- Repeat the sequence of steps 4-9. The repetition will build your Chevron pattern.
- Once your friendship bracelet is the length you want, tie a large knot to secure.
Make Bracelet Creation Easy with Fun Friendship Bracelet Craft Kits
Check out the Friendship Bracelet Design Kit for more information on Peace Out Chevron and other techniques like Le French Toast Twist, Four Strand Knot, and I ♥ The Square Knot.
We can’t wait to see all the colorful designs of your BFF friendship bracelets! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #doodlehog when you post photos on social media.
♥ The Doodle Hog Team