Collection: Snow Days! Holidays! Crafting Days! It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...For Holiday DIYs
Since we couldn’t pick just one favorite, we’re sharing our four favorite Christmas DIYs and Holiday crafts.
- DIY Gift Wrap
- Christmas Countdown Snowman
- Tie Dye Socks
- Nesting Dreidel Mobile Craft
These are our favorite kind of craft because the supplies are inexpensive and you can personalize them with your creativity. Change the size! Pick your colors! Use different art mediums! As always, we encourage you to explore your creativity with each craft.
Whether you’ve been naughty or nice this year, these crafts are a treat to do with your kids and loved ones.
DIY Gift Wrap
Liven up old paper or let your kiddos design a gift wrap that’s as unique and special as the person you’re gifting with this easy DIY!
- Blank wrapping paper (or repurpose the other side of printed wrapping paper)
- Doodle Hog Dab & Dot Markers
- Lay the paper you’re decorating on a flat surface.
- Choose your favorite Dab & Dot Marker colors and start designing with dabs, dots, squiggles, and doodles.
- Once you are done, leave the ink to fully dry for at least 20 min.
- Grab your special gift and cut the paper to entirely fit around the gift.
- Wrap the gift using a good amount of tape and finish with holiday ribbon and bows - that’s a wrap!
Christmas Countdown Snowman
This DIY Christmas countdown is easy and generates excitement for kids of all ages. And adults.
- Black and Orange construction paper (snowman’s hat & carrot nose)
- Thick paper plate (snowman’s head)
- Orange pipe cleaner (nose anchor)
- NOYO crayons (eyes and mouth)
- DH Dab & Dot Markers (rosy cheeks)
- Glue or tape
- Black marker (numbers)
You may want to precut the construction paper shapes. If your child is old enough for scissor cuts, they can draw them and cut them out.
- Use a black NOYO to draw the snowman’s eyes and mouth on the paper plate. Where the mouth ends, have your child use a Dab & Dot Marker to make rosy cheeks in red. (Leave plenty of room for the nose!)
- Glue the hat to the top of the snowman paper plate. If you want to include “Christmas Countdown”, leave room to write this.
- Write the numbers 1-25 on the rim of the paper plate.
- Use a sharp pair of scissors to poke a very small hole through the paper plate and the large end of the carrot nose (adults only step!)
- Push the pipe cleaner through the hole in the carrot and plate then twist once to create a knot in the front.
- Your snowman’s carrot nose leads you and your family on your Christmas countdown!
DIY Gift: Tie Dye Socks
It’s chilly this time of year and we’re wearing socks more. Make your cozy socks personalized and fun with this craft! You can tie dye socks using your recipients favorite colors. We also have new tie dye kits that are designed with custom colors that match beautifully like Fancy Plants Greens and Beach Bum Blues. Our 3 Pack Tie Dye Kits, Pastel tie dye kits, and Neon Tie Dye Kits are available on Amazon.
- In a bucket, dissolve 1 tablespoon of soda ash into 8 cups of water then soak toddler socks and adult socks for at least 20 minutes.
- Pinch and make an accordion fold across the width of the sock and secure with a tie.
- Add another band every inch (each band will be the line where colors meet)
- Lay socks on an activity tray.
- Add 1 color dye to the toe of socks. Use color 2 for the next segment and color 3 for the next. Repeat to create a color pattern.
- Let socks cure for at least 12 hours - 24 hours is best!
- Rinse your socks with cool water until the water runs clear and cut the ties with a scissor. You can now machine wash the socks with like colors.
Nesting Dreidel Mobile Craft
A cheerful way to brighten up the Festival of Lights with a nesting dreidel mobile craft for this year’s Hanukkah.
- White and blue construction paper
- Hole punch
- DH Dab & Dot Markers
- Twine, ribbon, or yarn
- On the white piece of construction paper draw your largest dreidel shape and your smallest dreidel shape. The largest being about 7” across & 11” from top to bottom. The smallest dreidel being 2” across & 3” from top to bottom.
- Cut out the interior of the large dreidel shape with a 1” frame.
- One blue construction paper, draw your middle dreidel shape about 4” across & 5” from top to bottom.
- Cut out the interior of the middle dreidel shape leaving a .5” frame.
- Use your Dab & Dot markers to decorate your dreidel shapes with any colors you want.
- Use a hole punch to create a hole in the top of each piece then thread them with your festive twine, ribbon, or yarn. Hang your mobile to watch the dreidel spin.
Happy Holiday Crafting,
♥ The Doodle Hog Team