Collection: Love is in the Air! A Love of Colorful Crafts for Valentine's Day!
What’s not to love about Valentine's Day? It’s a day to celebrate all the special people in your life with colorful cards, clever crafts, and plenty of candy. And nothing shows the love more than a handmade craft.
We don't like to play favorites, so we're sharing our three favorite Valentine's Day kid-friendly crafts.
- Valentine’s Day Dot Fun!
- Love Bugs
- Watercolor Valentine
These sweet Valentine's Day crafts are fun for the whole family. All three activities are appropriate for kids of any age. The crafts can be used as decorations for your home or given to family members, friends, classmates, or teachers.
As always, our favorite crafts are inexpensive and require minimal supplies. Best of all, you can personalize each craft. Pick different colors! Adjust the size! Mix art mediums! The best crafts are the ones made unique by your creativity.
These three sweet DIY's will get your little sweethearts into the Valentine's Day mood.
Valentine’s Day Dot Fun!
Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a personalized dot Valentine with a handwritten message.
- Make a heart stencil that is smaller than the piece of paper you will use for dotting.
- Fold a piece of paper in half and draw half a heart, then cut it out.
- Place the heart stencil near the center of the paper. We used a couple of pieces of tape to lightly attach the stencil to our paper.
- Start dabbing all over the sheet. Take turns with each color or do one color and then the second one in open spaces. Repeat until the white space is covered completely around the stencil
- Gently remove the heart stencil to reveal your heart.
- Take a NOYO crayon and write in a message.
These adorable little guys are a cute Valentines day craft for boys and girls. Make as many as you want!
- Pom poms (found in 50 craft kit)
- Pipe cleaners (found in 50 craft kit)
- Googly eyes (found in 50 craft kit)
- Noyo crayons
- A glue gun
- Cut heart shapes. For each little love bug you make, you will need to cut a heart. The hearts are for the love bug to stand on (as it’s feet) so use your pom pom as a guide for sizing. Once you have cut them out, choose a noyo color to color them in!
- Cut two little lengths of pipe cleaner for the bug’s antennae.
- Glue the pom pom on the heart base. Glue your pom pom onto the heart.
- Make the antennae. Curl the ends of your pipe cleaners.
- Glue the antennae in place. Place a blob of glue on the bottom of each pipe cleaner and stick them to the top of your pom pom. You might need to hold them in place until the glue dries to make sure they are secure.
- Glue the googly eyes in place and your little love bug is complete.
To give your love bug a home you could pop him in a little heart-shaped box or on top of a box of candy, all ready to give to your Valentine.
Paint and personalize beautiful valentines day cards - made with love.
- Plastic food bag
- Watercolor half pan
- Water Brush pen
Find a message or quote that you like and write it on your cardstock.
- Choose which colors you would like to use. We chose purples, blues, pinks and reds from our half pan set. This is a great opportunity for mixing!
- Paint the colors in the order you want them on your card, using extra blots of water to blend.
- After you’re done painting, quickly take your bag and transfer it to the card. Press down, gliding your fingers across areas where there isn't any paint visible and remove slowly.
- Tip: If you want to blend more or add colors, take a water brush pen and use it to lightly blend the colors directly on the card.
- Once the paint is dry, you have a beautiful valentine card to give to someone special.
We hope that your family loves creating these sweet Valentine’s Day crafts. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #doodlehog when you post photos of your crafts on social media.
Happy Valentine’s Crafting,
♥ The Doodle Hog Team